To support and further develop the cultural cooperation between Flanders and Japan, Arts Flanders Japan recently launched its first Call for Projects. This project call seeks proposals addressing individual artists and cultural organizations from Flanders that set up a collaboration in Japan or team up with a Japanese partner. Out of more than 50 projects that were submitted, a jury selected 6 projects. Each of the selected projects, will be awarded with nearly 15,000 euros.
The selected projects are:
- Muziekmozaïek vzw/ YJC International Project - JAPAN/ Filip Verneert
- Escautville vzw/ NP film/ Ulrike Lindmayr
- Pieterjan Ginckels /TUNING in 3 SPEED TRIPS
- Theater De Spiegel/ Beat the Drum/ Zita Epenge
- Architecten de vylder vinck taillieu/ VARIETE ARCHITECTURE DESIRE/ Kana Arioka
- Fieldworks/ fieldworks@TPAM/Bob Van Langendonck
The projects need to be executed before October 31, 2020.
Arts Flanders Japan launched the call for projects in cooperation with the Department of Culture.